*** Speaker applications for 2019 are closed – Thank you to all that applied ***
Ignite Tampa Bay 2019 is scheduled for Thursday, June 6th at The Palladium in St. Pete.
If you haven’t spoken at Ignite but are thinking of applying this year, here are a few guidelines:
1. Ignite talks are a forum for sharing passion and ideas, not for marketing.
2. The goal is to get people thinking and talking.
3. Mind the format (see guidelines below).
Anyone who has ever given an Ignite talk can tell you that they are tough. The format is weird and challenging. You have 5 minutes. There are 30 seconds between speakers. You have 20 slides, that advance automatically so you MUST keep pace.
4. Prepare something that wonʼt require you to read from a paper.
5. Watch past talks from Ignite Tampa Bay. They are all on YouTube
6. Be creative, be edgy, and have fun.
If you still have questions? Feel free to drop us a line and weʼll be happy to try to help. Please keep in mind, though, that this is an all-volunteer effort and while we reply as quickly as we can, patience is appreciated.
Most of all, thanks for your interest. Weʼre looking forward to hearing what you have to say!
- One speaker per topic, no teams
- Please provide 20 slides. We will show the slides for 15 seconds before automatically advancing them. (1 title slide + 18 content slides + 1 end slide)
- We do not allow animation, sound, video or transitions.
- It’s best not to be literal with your slides – imagery will be much more effective than text in this format, so try to have at most a few words per slide (no words = just fine, too).
- Do not include a slide with your name or presentation title; we provide that for you and this slide doesn’t count towards your 20 slide limit.
- This format is very unique and you should plan to rehearse extensively, even if you are an experienced speaker.
There will be a walk-through/rehearsal – Date and time T.B.D. If you can make that, it would be great, because you can run through your talk on the stage.
We also need you to sign a speaker video release form before we put your slides into the final event deck. Download the form here:
Thank you! Looking forward to June 6, 2019.
Speakers need to be at The Palladium by 5:15 for the pre-event briefing.
Tickets for the show will go on sale at the beginning of May.